REACH One Mentor Application
Mentor Eligibility Policy: It is the policy of REACH One that each mentor must meet the defined eligibility criteria.
- Be at least 18 years of age and reside in the Waupun area
- Be willing to adhere to all REACH One Mentor Program policies and procedures
- Agree to a one-school year commitment to the program
- Commit to spend at least 3-4 hours a month with your mentee
- Agree to communicate regularly with program coordinator, relevant school staff, and submit weekly meeting and activity summary
- Complete the screening procedure, submit to a background check, and agree to attend mentor training as required
- Have never been accused, arrested, charged, and convicted of child abuse or molestation
- Not be a user of illicit drugs
- Not have any physical or mental illness that could prevent participation in the program
- Not have falsified information during the course of the screening process
- Complete the mentor application form.
- Fill out the background check permission form, which will be emailed to each applicant.
- Check your references
- Conduct a one-on-one interview with the applicant
- Schedule a mandatory large-group training